Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Day 2009

How well I remember watching "2001-A Space Odyssey" and feeling like 2001 was soooo far away! And now it's 2009......goodness.

I find the New Year a good time for re-assessment.....not that I buy into all of the "resolution" mania. It's just a natural thing for me to look back over past accomplishments and assess directions for new goals.....most likely that's how the whole New Year's resolution thing got started anyhow.

Things I feel good about? Taking the plunge when I was in my fifties to carve out a new business life for myself. I was in a secure job as a public school teacher, but had always had the desire to really push myself as an artist. While raising my family (now all grown), I was happy for the opportunity to work as an Art Teacher in pub. schools....schedule was same as kids, good benefits, etc., but allowed little time for me to really expand my horizons as an artist.

It was RISKY to withdraw myself from "the system" and strike off on my own as a professional artist AND it was a thing I'll never regret!

New Goals? Presently moving toward SEMI-retirement. I'll NEVER retire from being an artist....it's my life's blood. Semi-retirement will, however provide me with opportunities that will be purely enriching. Husband and I will downsize our home, build a new studio facility & travel more, camp more, fish more (for him!!) and me?.......I'll spend alot more time soaking up all the beautiful moments in life that feed and inspire my artist's heart & soul. Completely expecting that, this time next year, we will be nestled into our new community of Paonia & enjoying every minute of a new lifestyle!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE......may 2009 be the best ever!

No comments: