- "If you want to travel far, travel light."
- "If THINGS begin owning YOU instead of YOU owning THEM, it's a call for change."
- "The home exists to serve YOU: you do not exist to serve the HOME."
- "Know thyself."
Just a few for the sake of brevity....could well consume a blog of great length....but all of that to lead up to the beauty of THE FOUR AGREEMENTS:
- #1 Be impeccable with your word
- #2 Don't take anything personally
- #3 Don't make assumptions
- #4 Always do your best
There you have it......simplicity of thought & action that holds some of the most powerful wisdom in life. Of course, the book gives terrific examples of each of the "agreements" & it needs to be read to understand the cultural framework for its statements.
Only four things.....each of which, if applied consistently, can revolutionize one's life!