Friday, January 15, 2010

Glazing of New Design

I'm pretty excited! Spent yesterday doing a max glazing spree utilizing my new spray booth! What a tremendous difference it makes for me.....staying warm and not fighting any of the elements to say nothing of my glazing position being in close proximity to my studio sink. Ahhhh, how much I appreciate this!
Shown in the pic is a rustic type wall piece which will ultimately be a raku clock. I've just finished glazing it and you can see the darker areas which have been masked out from the glaze. Those areas (border and cave goats) will be blackened by carbon during the raku firing process which will happen TODAY!! This is one of several clocks......a first for me and I'm eager to see how the finished piece comes together. The surface of this piece mimics a rock/cave wall surface, so should have an overall blend of ancient/contemporary......a combination that really appeals to me.
Stay tuned! Will be posting pics of new work soon!

No comments: