Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Lynne in Studio-Making a Press Mold-New Design


In addition to loving making vases & pottery with clay, I also love to sculpt in clay. I've made alot of relief sculptures over the years.....they take time....I usually work on them for a period of 2-3 days before I'm satisfied with the end product.
Once happy with it, I pour plaster over it, allow it to set up and, when the mold is mature, I then have an image I can press wet clay into and utilize on whatever clay form seems to call for it.
This particular design is completed within an oval shape and I intend to use it on a large lamp base which will be raku fired.
It'll take a bit of time to see if the whole concept will be successful or not as it is a rather large addition for attaching, but I'm excited about it!
Will blog about its progress as time moves along. Finished lamp base w/new design should be complete in a couple of weeks.
You can see images of the mold making process by clicking on the following link. If you like the content of my Facebook Fan page, I invite you to become a "Fan" by clicking on the Fan button there!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paonia-CO/Raku4u-by-Shekinah-Clay/328036630436?ref=mf

No comments: