Monday, October 5, 2009

Post Move to Paonia, CO

Summer was a blurr of activity as our home in Montrose did indeed sell and we made Paonia, CO our permanent home the first part of July. Four days following our move, we began traveling to a series of Art Shows including Frisco, CO, Vail, CO, Jackson, WY, Ketchum, ID & Palisade, CO so life has been extra busy and we're still unpacking boxes!

Paonia is a little slice of heaven for us (there's a pic earlier in my blog of the re-model we've worked on since last January). It's a small town (no stop lights!) with such wonderful charm! There are older Victorian houses in the main part of town where the trees arch up over the road & create the most lovely, inviting picture. Truly, it appears like old town America in every respect. There are a number of artists in this area so it feels like such a great fit for me.

My new studio is up and functioning so I'm back in production again. It was wonderful to build a new space where I could correct some of the things that did not work so well in my last studio. Of particular value to me is an indoor glazing booth AND the convenience of having my firing facility directly attached to my studio. What this means for me is that inclement weather will NOT affect my studio work any longer!! A huge PLUS......

No comments: